This 5-hour training will take place online on December 3, 2020 at 5pm UTC / 6pm CET / noon EST / 9am PST.
The training includes:
- Prometheus co-founder (Julius Volz) as your live trainer
- Online webinar-based training via Zoom
- Detailed instructional material covering all training topics
- Interactive querying exercises to make sure you can apply what you have learned
- Enough time to ask questions and discuss training topics
- PromLens integration as an instructional tool in the training to aid the understanding and construction of queries
Read what previous participants of this workshop are saying:
"I am an intern at Grafana Labs and this was really helpful for me. I have a better understanding of not only PromQL but the Prometheus ecosystem in general. The teaching material covers everything. The instructor's pace is also perfect and way of explaining is awesome!"
— Atibhi Agrawal, Grafana Labs
"This class was a great introduction to PromQL, and did a great job building on the basics to more advanced querying techniques. There were exercises throughout the class to reinforce concepts, and the training materials were made available to participants for further study. Julius made himself available for any questions throughout the class, and stayed after the class ended until all questions were answered. Julius even made himself available after the class via email for any follow up questions. This goes above and beyond any training course I've taken in the past. Great job! I can highly recommend this class!"
— Andrew Dampf, Linode
"This was the best Prometheus training I've attended, and I would recommend it very highly to anyone interested in learning PromQL in depth."
— Ted Zlatanov
"Excellent class!!! Very informative, great alternating between exercises and lecture material. The instructor gave a detailed review and engaged the audience with questions and hands on exercises."
— Xenia Mountrouidou
"Great way to learn and improve the skills of PromQL. Although there were different skill levels, the instructor managed to match all these together."
— Jakob Schlagenhaufer
"I applied to attend the training under a scholarship program that Julius was running for under represented folks in tech, and was very excited when selected! Coming in, I had very basic knowledge of PromQL and wanted to learn more the theory behind the language as that would help me really understand what was going on. The training was perfect for that. Julius is the best person to learn from as he, well, designed the language! The material was very in-depth and Julius was very patient with answering all the questions I had. Would recommend this to anyone looking to level up their PromQL game. "
— Darshan Chaudhary
Subject to minor changes, the training follows the following outline:
- Locating PromQL in the Big Picture
- What is PromQL?
- PromQL Execution in Prometheus
- Use Case Overview
- Data Model Refresher
- Time Series Data Model
- Metric Types
- Basic Querying
- Using the Expression Browser
- Using PromLens
- The Training Demo Service
- Selecting Series
- Rates and Derivatives
- Aggregating Over Dimensions
- Interlude: PromQL Language Theory
- PromQL's Nested Structure
- Expression Types
- PromQL Node Types
- Query Types and Evaluation Time
- Advanced Querying
- Working with Histograms
- Thresholds and Filtering by Value
- Set Operators
- Working with Timestamp Metrics
- Sorting and topk / bottomk
- Inspecting Scrape Health
- Dealing with Absent Series
- Aggregating Over Time
- Bonus (in case of spare time): More on Instrumentation & Alerting Best Practices and Pitfalls
Custom conditions & questions
Have any questions before booking? Interested in group discounts?
Contact us at email@example.com or use the contact form below: